To the east was a large yard for the Calder Iron Works on the line to Faskine. The yard was on the original alignment of the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway, the railway being deviated to the north. The far end of the deviation was at Calder Iron Works Signal Box [NBR].
The Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway started from this junction with the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway. It ran south through Bellshill [NB] to Bothwell Junction. There was a yard on the west side of the line, access from the north.
The line south to Bothwell Junction was singled in 1945 and the box closed.
The Meadow Works were established in the ^V^ of the junction in the late 1960s and were rail served.
To the north the line ran to Whifflet East Junction. From this were sidings into the Whifflet Foundry which was on the east side of the line and to the north.
After this ceased to be a junction the railway was still used to connect the Whifflet Foundry to the Meadow Works.
The former trackbed has been absorbed by various works.
Calder Iron Works [Station]
Coatbridge Central [NB]
| Whifflet South Junction|
Whifflet East Junction
Calder Tube Works
Whifflat Junction [Rosehall Junction]
Whifflet North Junction
Whifflet East Goods
Calder Iron Works
Calder Iron Works Signal Box [NBR]
Coatbank Engine Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|