Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway.
This was a two platform station. A small goods yard was on the west side of the station, approached from the north. There was a signalbox, Bellshill North, to the north of the station. Around 1900 a branch opened to Hattonrig Colliery Pits Nos 3 and 4 with approach from the Bothwell direction.
To the south was Bellshill South Signal Box and to the north Rosehall South Signal Box.
The NB station was north of the present day (Caledonian Railway) station. To the south the line passed over the CR route.
The line was singled in 1945 and the signal box closed. The station closed in 1951 and the line closed completely from Bothwell Junction to Whifflet in 1955.
Bothwell Park Halt
Bothwell [North British]
Calder Iron Works [Station]
| Bellshill South Signal Box|
Rosehall Colliery Pit No 7
Hattonrig Colliery Pits Nos 3 and 4
East Parkhead Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Rosehall Colliery Pit No 13
Bellshill Colliery Pit No 3
Milnwood Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Bothwell Park Colliery Pits No 1 and 2
Bothwell Park Colliery Signal Box
Rosehall Colliery Pit No 4
Douglas Park Signal Box
Rosehall South Junction
Mossend Iron and Steel Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|