Etherley and Witton Park [1st]
Witton Park for Escomb
Bishop Auckland West
Willington [Y and NR]
Bishop Auckland [NER]
Byers Green [2nd]
| North Bitchburn|
Witton Park Colliery
Etherley North Incline
Newton Cap Colliery
Bowden Close Junction
Newton Cap Viaduct
Stanley Branch Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1864||Buncrana Branch (Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway)|
Opened from Junction to Buncrana. Farland Point was left as a short branch from the junction.
|/ /1866||Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway|
Junction to Farland Point closed.
|/ /1883||Letterkenny Railway|
Opened from Burnfoot Junction (on the site of the former Junction) (Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway) to Letterkenny [LR], the first portion reusing just over 2 miles of the former approach to Farland Point which closed in 1866.
|/ /1965||Bishop Auckland and Weardale Railway|
Crook [1st] to Wear Valley Junction closed. Beechburn [2nd], Etherley [2nd] closed.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North-east v. 4 (A regional history of the railways of Great Britain)
Durham Railways (Sutton's Photographic History of Railways)
Lost Railways of County Durham
Lost Railways of Durham & Teesside
Northumberland & Durham Railway Pictorial, 1948-1967