Farland Point (1864-1866)
Opened on the Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway.
This was the original terminus of the Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway on Loch Swilly. There was a pier.
With land reclamation in the area this was the first deepwater reached by the line. The terminus was west of the Inch Embankment. From the pier ferries continued to locations on Lough Swilly. This terminus was part of the vision to connect the River Foyle to Loch Swilly, originally planned as a canal.
After the opening of the Buncrana branch this became the minor branch and, after a period of horse operation from Junction, the line closed in 1866. The pier was moved to Fahan Pier, a new terminus of the Buncrana line, in 1868.
|/ /1863||Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway|
Opened from Londonderry Graving Dock to Farland Point on Lough Swilly as a 5ft 3in line.
|/ /1864||Buncrana Branch (Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway)|
Opened from Junction to Buncrana. Farland Point was left as a short branch from the junction.
|/ /1866||Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway|
Junction to Farland Point closed.
|/ /1868||Buncrana Branch (Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway)Railway]]|
Fahan Pier replaces Farland Point, a short siding being opened for goods.
|/ /1883||Letterkenny Railway|
Opened from Burnfoot Junction (on the site of the former Junction) (Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway) to Letterkenny [LR], the first portion reusing just over 2 miles of the former approach to Farland Point which closed in 1866.