Opened on the Forfar and Brechin Railway.
This was a single platform station, on the south side of the single track line, with a pair of sidings opposite the platform, approached from the east. There was a station building on the platform and station house to the west.
The platform still exists and the station house is now a private house.
The station site was not convenient for the village, being 1.5 miles away by road and to the west. Tannadyce House was much closer and to the south. This choice of location was probably not the best decision in the long term.
To the west the line passes south of the village (and close to it) and then crosses the River South Esk with a short viaduct.
Brechin Shed [1st]
[Brechin West Junction]
Other railway and industry locations
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Clocksbriggs Oil Siding
Forfar North Junction
Forfar Shed [1st]
Forfar South Junction
Station Linen Works
Canmore Jute Works
Aberlemno Cross Slab
Bowman^s Level Crossing
Loch of Forfar
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/01/1895||Forfar and Brechin Railway|
Opened from Brechin to Forfar South Junction with stations at Careston, Tannadice and Justinhaugh.
Brechin 1901: Forfarshire Sheet 28.13 (Old O.S. Maps of Forfarshire)
OS Explorer Map (389) Forfar, Brechin and Edzell (OS Explorer Paper Map) (OS Explorer Active Map)
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|