Opened on the Forfar and Brechin Railway.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The main station building was on the westbound platform. There was a cottage in the station yard and a goods yard approached from the west. The signal box was at the west end of the eastbound platform. It opened with the line.
The station closed to passengers in 1952. The box was reduced to a ground frame in 1958 and replaced with an actual ground frame the following year. In 1964 the line east closed, the forrmer station becoming the goods terminus of the branch from Forfar South Junction. The line closed altogether in 1967.
The railway cottage survives.
Other railway and industry locations
Forfar South Junction
Forfar North Junction
Forfar Shed [1st]
Station Linen Works
Clocksbriggs Oil Depot
Canmore Jute Works
Clocksbriggs Oil Sidings
Bowman^s Level Crossing
Aberlemno Cross Slab
Loch of Forfar
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/01/1895||Forfar and Brechin Railway|
Opened from Brechin to Forfar South Junction with stations at Careston, Tannadice and Justinhaugh.
|07/09/1964||Forfar and Brechin Railway|
Careston to Justinhaugh (excluded) closed to freight.
|04/09/1967||Forfar and Brechin Railway|
Justinhaugh to Forfar South Junction (excluded) closed to goods.
Brechin 1901: Forfarshire Sheet 28.13 (Old O.S. Maps of Forfarshire)
OS Explorer Map (389) Forfar, Brechin and Edzell (OS Explorer Paper Map) (OS Explorer Active Map)
|The Railways of Strathmore (Perth, Forfar and Brechin)|