Opened on the Glasgow City and District Railway.
Opened on the Stobcross Railway.
This was the junction between the approach to the northern half of Stobcross Goods [NBR] (one of the terminii of the Stobcross Railway) and the line to Glasgow Queen Street Low Level (Glasgow City and District Railway).
The lines just west of the junction were quadruple. The northern two lines were the main lines (running east to Queen Street and the goods yard) and the southern two served the goods yard.
The signal box here closed in 1935, taken over by Kelvinhaugh Junction box, to the west.
The junction closed with the closure of Stobcross Goods [NBR].
Charing Cross [GC and DR]
Merkland Street [Subway]
Other railway and industry locations
Finnieston East Junction
Kelvinhaugh Signal Box
St Vincent Crescent Signal Box
St Vincent Crescent Tunnel
Stobcross Depot Tunnel
Stobcross Goods [NBR]
Stobcross West Junction
Stobcross Goods Low Level
Scottish Exhbibition and Conference Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways