A curve opened from Saltmarket Junction on the existing line from Gorbals Junction to High Street Junction (1871) in 1882. This served platforms 1 and 2 at Glasgow St Enoch. A signal box opened with the junction, in its 'V'.
The box closed in 1933 when subsumed by the the new box Glasgow St Enoch.
The junction and line were closed with the passenger closure of the station in 1966. The main line from Gorbals Junction to High Street Junction remains open.
Glasgow St Enoch
St Enoch [Subway]
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
Central Station Broomielaw Hoist
Buchanan Street [Subway]
| St Enoch Locomotive Depot|
Clyde Junction [CGU]
St Johns Junction
Bridgeton Central Junction
High Street Goods
Barrack Street Tunnel
College Goods Signal Box [GSWR]
High Street Tunnel
College North Junction
St Enoch Shopping Centre
George Square [Glasgow]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1884||City of Glasgow Union Railway|
St Enoch Locomotive Depot opened. This was built in the triangle of lines bounded by Glasgow St Enoch station, Saltmarket Junction and Clyde Junction. The lines ran south from the shed to Clyde Junction. The area under the shed was notorious for oil dripping down on passers by.