Location type


Name and dates

Roslin (1874-1933)

Opened on the Edinburgh, Loanhead and Roslin Railway.

Opened on the Glencorse Extension (Edinburgh, Loanhead and Roslin Railway).


This station was in the north of Roslin. It was terminus of the line from 1874 to 1877. It was a single platform station (on the south ie village side of the line). The line was single track with a passing loop by the platform. The station building was joined to a railway cottage (similar to Loanhead).

To the west of the loop was a single road locomotive shed approached over the turntable. The goods yard, on the south side of the line west of the station, was approached from the west.

To the west was the junction for Roslin Colliery.

The station closed in 1933 when the line became one-engine-in-steam and the signal box closed. The line west beyond the colliery closed in 1959. Complete closure was in 1966.

Nothing remains on site, it is now a housing estate. To the west, where the line passed under the B7006, the bridge has been modified into a culvert style pipe carrying a footpath.


Station terminus

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67