This was a single platform station on the South Queensferry Branch (North British Railway) immediately north of Ratho on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway. The junction between the main line and its branch was just to the east at Queensferry Junction.
The platform was on the south side of the single line on the east side of Ratho Station Road.
The station and line closed to passengers in 1930 but the line remained open (platform and building were removed) until closed in 1966.
Ingliston Park and Ride [Tram]
Edinburgh Airport [Tram]
Edinburgh Gateway [Tram]
Gyle Centre [Tram]
Edinburgh Park Central [Tram]
| Newbridge Junction|
Ingliston Branch Junction
Ingliston Shale Pits No 36 and 37
Almond Valley Viaduct
Newliston Shale Mines
Ingliston Shale Pit No 33
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|22/09/1930||South Queensferry Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Ratho (Low level) to Kirkliston to Dalmeny Junction closed to passengers.
|07/02/1966||South Queensferry Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Ratho (Low level) to Kirkliston to Royal Elizabeth Yard closed to freight.
Edinburgh To Inverkeithing.: including The Port Edgar, North Queensferry And Rosyth Dockyard Branches. (Scottish Main Lines.)