This was a two platform station to the west of Monkton itself. The Station Road between the two has been re-routed with the construction of Prestwick Airport^s runway. The main station building was on the east side.
There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the north, or from the south via a reversing spur. The signal box, opened 1880, was on the east side at the north end.
The station closed in 1940. The box closed in 1962.
The Monkton Oil Sidings opened on the west side of the line, serving Prestwick Airport.
Glasgow Prestwick Airport station, built on the site of the former Monkton Junction, opened to the south in 1994.
Prestwick International Airport
Auchincruive Colliery Platform
| Monkton Oil Sidings|
Prestwick Oil Siding [1st]
Auchincruive 4,5,6,7 [Glenburn]
Ayr Tram Depot [Trams]
Scottish Agricultural Industries Works
Ayr Harbour Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|