This junction opened in 1877. It is a double track junction, the eastern end of a chord opened between Langside Junction on the Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway of 1848 and the Polloc and Govan Railway of 1840. The curve is marked on OS maps as the ^Polloc, Govan and Kilmarnock Joint Line Connecting Branch^.
The connection was originally formed to the immediate west of the Cathcart Road overbridge and on the south side of Gushetfaulds station. It was moved further west with the realignment of lines in 1908 which were associated with the quadrupling of the Gordon Street lines. Gushetfaulds Junction was also remodeled in 1909 when the line to Eglinton Street and on to Bridge Street Junction was quadrupled with the addition of two lines on the east side of the existing link. A new Larkfield Junction box opened in the ^V^ of the junction, a little to the east of the box it replaced. The windows of the box faced out to the north, over the main line with rear windows overlooking the curve to Langside Junction.
The box closed in 1973, replaced by Glasgow Central Power Box.
South Side [CR]
South Side [GB and NDR]
Main Street Gorbals
West Street [Subway]
Bridge Street [Subway]
| Larkfield Carriage Sidings|
South Side Carriage Shed
Central Station Junction
Eglinton Street Tunnels
West Street Tunnel
Gushetfaulds Freightliner Terminal
West Street Junction [CR]
Govan Iron Works
Eglinton Street Shed
Tradeston Gas Works
Muirhouse Engineering Works
Coplawhill Tram Depot
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1846||Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway|
Approval for link between Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway and the Polloc and Govan Railway near Gushetfaulds - the curve is the Victoria Junction to Cathcart Road Junction (the former was later called Langside Junction and the latter is now Larkfield Junction).
|/ /1872||Caledonian Railway
Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway
Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway
Govan and Polloc Railway|
Link between Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway, Victoria Junction (Langside Junction), to Govan and Polloc Railway, Cathcart Road Junction (Larkfield Junction), authorised. The former was about to be extended to Kilmarnock in 1873.
|/ /1875||Caledonian Railway|
Victoria Junction (Langside Junction) to Cathcart Road Junction (Larkfield Junction) authorised, replacing the route authorised in 1872.
Victoria Junction (Langside Junction) to Cathcart Road Junction (Larkfield Junction) opened to goods.
Victoria Junction (Langside Junction) to Cathcart Road Junction (Larkfield Junction) opened to passengers.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways