This signal box was west of the Highland Railway part of Keith station. It controlled the approach to the station and goods yard, to the east, and the junction between the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway, of 1856, and the Buckie and Portessie Branch (Highland Railway), of 1884.
The box opened with the junction of 1884. It was located on the south side of the line. It was a double track junction, both lines reducing to a single track just west of the junction. The east end of the loop was at the Highland part of Keith station, although the layout also incorporated a goods bypass to the north of the passenger platform.
The junction is separated from Keith station by a bridge over the River Isla. Just east of the bridge lines fanned out to sidings on the north side of Keith Shed [HR], the main platform, bay platform and goods yard.
Air Ministry gas plant sidings were put in at the junction around 1939. These were reached by reversal from the Aultmore line (the cut back Portessie line). The site is now part of the bonded warehousing near Keith. Keith Air Ministry Siding.
The box closed in 1966.
The main line remains open, but single track.
Strathisla Mills Platform
Drummuir Curlers Platform
| Keith Air Ministry Siding|
Keith Shed [HR]
Keith North Signalbox
Keith Shed [GNSR] [1st]
Keith Shed [GNSR] [2nd]
Newmill Signal Box
Strathmill Distillery Siding
Grange North Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|