Haymarket Power Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Haymarket Power Box (1975-1976)


Description

This power box took control of a number of junctions in the Haymarket area allowing mechanical signal boxes to close at
Gorgie Junction
Haymarket Central Junction
Haymarket West Junction
Saughton Junction

The box was located on the south side of the line between Haymarket East Junction and Haymarket Central Junction.

(Note that when Haymarket East Signal Box closed in 1936 control passed to Waverley West Signal Box. Haymarket East Junction opened in 1964 to allow Edinburgh Princes Street to close.)

The box closed in 1976 when control passed to the Edinburgh Signalling Centre.


Tags

Power box resignalling