Grangeston Halt (1941-1965)
Opened on the Maybole and Girvan Railway.
This was a two platform station built during World War Two to serve the temporary ICI munitions factory built at Grangeston Distillery.
The factory was served by sidings from the Maidens and Dunure Railway just to the west.
To the south is Girvan No 1 [1st] where the Maybole and Girvan Railway was met by the Maidens and Dunure Railway, just south of that is Girvan Junction and Girvan station.
Two brick built platforms remain here, but the line has been singled and track slewed to half way between them.
The spelling Grangeston and Grangestone are both used for the site.
Other railway and industry locations
Girvan Grangeston Depot
Girvan No 1 [1st]
Craighead Lime Works
Bargany Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|