Garngaber Junction

Location type


Names and dates

Garngaber High Junction (1844-1895)
Garngaber Junction (1895-1959)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.

Opened on the Garngaber Curve (Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway).


This junction was east of Lenzie station and was the western end of a west to south curve which connected the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway to the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway. The curved line was single track and connected with the double track mainlined and Garngaber Yard on the south side of the main line, running west to Lenzie. There were further sidings in the 'V' of the junction directly west of Bothlin Viaduct and on the north side of the main line.

The junction was renamed some time after the closure of Garngaber Low Junction (replaced by Bridgend Junction).

The Garngaber High Junction signal box was on the north side of the line. The line south closed in 1966 and the box closed.

There was a short lived Kirkintilloch [1st] station here.