Opened on the Eyemouth Railway.
This was the terminus of a short branch from Burnmouth serving the fishing port of Eyemouth. The station was on the west bank of the Eye Water at a cramped location with the main road to Eyemouth (Victoria Road) higher above and to the west and a drop off down to the Eye Water to the east. Eyemouth Harbour was just to the north where the Eye Water meets the sea.
There was a single platform on the west side of a loop. The station building was of typical North British Railway style. To the east of the passenger station was a small goods yard with two sidings. Some trains operated through to Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Little remains of the station today, although the former trackbed is now a footpath. A car park was built on the east side of the road, leading to infilling of some of the station site.
Eyemouth has expanded hugely since the railway closed.
To the south was Biglawburn Siding, serving an oil depot. South of this the railway crossed the Eye Water on a single track girder viaduct. This viaduct was badly damaged in the 1948 floods and, with the railway's civil engineer busy re-opening the main line, the line did not re-open until 1949.
Other railway and industry locations
Eye Water Viaduct
Lamberton [Border Crossing]
Marshall Meadows Signal Box
Free Kirk Bridge
Berwick North Signal Box
Berwick Roundhouse Shed
Berwick Central Signal Box
St Abb^s Head Viewpoint
Foulden Tithe Barn
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|