This line is closed. It was a short single track railway which connected Eyemouth with Burnmouth. The principal engineering feature was the Eye Water Viaduct.
Eyemouth Railway authorised.
North British Railway
Merged with North British Railway.
Following serious flooding on the 11th and 12th the line closed for 9 months (reconstruction of the East Coast Main Line, also damaged, was prioritised). The central pier of the Eye Water Viaduct, a girder viaduct, was washed away. Amazingly the viaduct did not collapse.
Re-opened after repairs following flood damage in 1948.
Eyemouth to Burnmouth closed to all traffic.
Track lifting begins.
These locations are along the line.
This station served Burnmouth, it was in the north of the village, and was the junction for Eyemouth.
This was the terminus of a short branch from Burnmouth serving the fishing port of Eyemouth. The station was on the west bank of the Eye Water at a cramped location with the main road to Eyemouth (Victoria Road) higher above and to the west and a drop off down to the Eye Water to the east. Eyemouth Harbour was just to the north where the Eye Water meets the sea.