This station was in the west of Eddleston. The station building still stands. This is a largely timber building, of a NBR style, extended at both ends. It had one platform, then two and returned to one before closure.
The station had a level crossing (with crossing keeper's house) to the north and a goods yard on its east side, approached from the south.
When first opened there was one platform, on the east (village) side of the single track line. The station building, timber and brick of one storey, was on the platform.
A loop was added and a second platform, slightly out of alignment with the existing platform, staggered a little to the south, on the west side. A box (south end of southbound platform) opened in 1895 for the new loop.
The box closed in 1932. The northbound platform fell out of use and a small loop was retained at the south end of the station.
The station closed with the line in 1962. After closure it became the base of the Edinburgh Society of Model Engineers who had an outside layout.
The station building is now a private house. The crossing keeper's house also still stands. The trackbed to the south of the station building and goods yard is now covered with houses.
| Harcus Crossing|
Peebles Engine Shed Signal Box
Peebles Shed [NB]
March Street Mills
Peebles Shed [CR]
Cross Kirk Peebles
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Opened from Hardengreen Junction (Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway) to Peebles [1st]. Stations opened at; Hawthornden, Roslin [1st], Penicuik [1st], Leadburn, Eddleston and Peebles [1st].
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Border Railway Portfolio
Borders Railway Rambles
Branches & Byways: Southwest Scotland and the Border Counties
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Lost Railways of the Scottish Borders
The Railways of Peebles (Through Time)