Easter Road Park Halt (1950-1952)
Opened on the Leith Central Branch (North British Railway).
This was a single platform halt on the Leith Central double track line, used for arrivals only for excursion trains run for football matches at Easter Road Stadium. The halt was east of the stadium. Departures left from Abbeyhill, west of the stadium.
The halt was north of Lochend North Junction and south of Hawkhill Avenue. Beyond that the Leith New Lines (Caledonian Railway) crossed overhead and beyond that there were carriage sidings for Leith Central.
Closure is anywhere between 1952 (when Leith Central closed to passengers) and 1964. The line closed in 1972.
After closure the cutting to the south, with the halt, was infilled. The cutting northwards became part footpath and part sports ground. The cutting to the south and site of the halt is now built over.
Leith Walk [CR]
York Place [Tram]
Other railway and industry locations
Lochend North Junction
Easter Road Stadium
St Ann^s Maltings
St Andrew Steel Works
Easter Road Junction
London Road Junction [Edinburgh]
Rose Lane Goods
St Margarets Shed
Leith Central Diesel Depot
Leith Walk East Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|