Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway.
This box opened in 1900 when the line from Blair Atholl, to the south east, was doubled.
In 1901 the line was doubled beyond the box to Dalnaspidal.
The box was renamed from Dalnacardoch to Dalanraoch in 1911.
The box closed in 1942 when it was replaced by a new box, Dalanraoch Signal Box [2nd], three quarters of a mile to the east. This was during a wartime resignalling which led to the shortening of sections with the opening of Edendon Signal Box to the west - Edendon was in fact Dalanraoch box placed in a new location.
Black Island Platform
| Dalnacardoch Ground Frame|
Dalanraoch Signal Box [2nd]
Black Tank Siding Signal Box
Edendon Signal Box
County March Signal Box [Highland Main Line]
Falls of Bruar
Glas Mheall Mor
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2