Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway.
This intermediary signal box was located between the former station at Dalnaspidal and former Balsporan Signal Box. It was a little south of Druimuachdar Summit.
When opened the line was single track.
In 1901 works to double the line from Dalnaspidal, to the south, were completed.
In 1908 the line north to Balsporran Signal Box was also doubled, and the box closed.
The line was reduced to a single track again in 1966 and redoubled in 1978. It remains open today.
Black Island Platform
| Druimuachdar Summit|
Edendon Signal Box
Glas Mheall Mor
Carn na Caim
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2