Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway.
This 1942 box was opened further east than Dalanraoch Box [1st] which it replaced. Edendon Signal Box opened further west around the same time, the alterations reducing the length of sections. This box was three quarters of a mile east of the first box.
The box closed in 1966 when the line was singled. It was replaced by a third box of the same name, Dalanraoch Signal Box [3rd], controlling a loop which was located a mile to the west (ie a quarter of a mile west of the original box).
Black Island Platform
| Dalanraoch Signal Box [1st]|
Dalnacardoch Ground Frame
Black Tank Siding Signal Box
Edendon Signal Box
County March Signal Box [Highland Main Line]
Falls of Bruar
Glas Mheall Mor
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2