This was a single platform halt opened for the Dalkeith Colliery Nos 1,2 and 3. The platform was on the north side of the line and west of the A6124 over bridge.
Almost opposite the platform was Dalkeith Colliery signal box (opened 1912 with the colliery branch and closed 1957). To the west a branch to the colliery diverged to the south west.
The track was in a cutting. This has been infilled and landscaped since closure. A railway cottage, much modified, remains on the north side of the former line.
Eskbank and Dalkeith
| Dalkeith Colliery Nos 1,2 and 3|
Blue Circle Cement Cousland
Carberry Colliery Pits Nos 2 and 3
Dalkeith Colliery Pit No 9
Carberry Colliery Junction
Dalkeith Pits Nos 5 and 9
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Haddington, Macmerry and Gifford Branch Lines (Oakwood Library of Railway History)