Dalkeith Colliery Nos 1,2 and 3

Location type

Mine

Name and dates

Dalkeith Colliery Nos 1,2 and 3 (1903-1948)

Served by the Macmerry Branch (North British Railway).

Description

This colliery was served by sidings from the Macmerry Branch. A train from Smeaton would arrive by reversal at Crossgatehall Halt. Opened by A G Moore & Company.

Tags

Colliery

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
06/08/2018

Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)

An Illustrated History of Edinburgh's Railways

Forgotten Railways: Scotland

Haddington, Macmerry and Gifford Branch Lines (Oakwood Library of Railway History)