Corkerhill Shed (1896-1967)
Corkerhill Depot (1967-)
Opened on the Paisley Canal Line (Glasgow and South Western Railway).
This is a double ended depot on the south side of the Paisley Canal Line which began as a steam shed. It is just east of Corkerhill station. It is accessed from both east and west (the west end is no longer connected to the line). The line to the shed was electrified in 1986 when the Ayrshire lines were electrified.
British Railways assigned the code 67A.
When built, this shed was in countryside outside Glasgow and a station was required to bring the staff to the shed. Corkerhill Village, for the staff, was built nearby.
Before the depot opened this was the start of a short branch to Lochinch Pit (Coal), which was to the south east.
Bellahouston Park Halt
Ibrox [Govan Platforms]
Ibrox Excursion Platforms
Other railway and industry locations
Corkerhill Signal Box [1st]
Corkerhill Depot Junction
Howden Craigton Works
House for an Art Lover
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|