This shed was located north of Stranraer Town station in the 'V' of the junction between the lines to Portpatrick and Stranraer Harbour and north of the good yard just north of the station.
There were several buildings. From north to south these were
- two road repair shop of 1861 (used by the Caledonian Railway as a shed from 1864)
- two road high lift erecting shop of 1861
- smithy and workshops
- water tanks and coaling
- one road running shed (Girvan line)
- two road running shed (Portpatrick line)
The London, Midland and Scottish Railway assigned the code 12H. British Railways assigned 68C and (with a sub shed at Newton Stewart Shed). From 1962 it was 67F. Closure was in 1966.
After closure the ruined running shed remained in use within a scrapyard. The office and stores block remains on the western boundary of the site.
Transit (London Road [Stranraer])
Challoch Junction Golfers Platform
| Stranraer Harbour Junction|
Stockton Haulage Depot [Stranraer]
Cairnryan Junction Yard
Dunragit Creamery Siding
Old House Point
Little Gennoch No 2 Level Crossing
Little Gennoch No 1 Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1935||Portpatrick Railway|
Stranraer Shed numbered 12H under Carlisle Kingmoor Shed.
|/ /1948||Portpatrick Railway|
Stranraer Shed classed 68C. The sheds were rebuilt with girder joists instead of arches for entries.
|/ /1962||Portpatrick Railway|
Stranraer Shed classed 67F under Glasgow Corkerhill Shed.
Stranraer Shed closed.
Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Railways (Library of Railway History)
|Rails to Portpatrick (Local History Series)|
The Port Road: Dumfries to Stranraer, Portpatrick, Kirkcudbright and Whithorn