This is a double track junction. It is the eastern apex of a triangular of lines formed with Larbert Junction to the north and Carmuirs West Junction to the west.
The junction was formed in 1882 with the opening of a Caledonian Railway curve from Carmuirs West Junction which met the 1850 Stirlingshire Midland Junction Railway built to connect the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway to the Scottish Central Railway via Falkirk and its industries.
The signal box opened with the junction. It was on the south side of the junction.
The box took over control of Carmuirs West Junction in 2011.
The box closed in 2017, replaced by the Edinburgh Signalling Centre.
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
Carmuirs West Junction
Denny West Junction
Camelon Chemical Works
Rough Castle Tar Works
Forth and Clyde Iron Works
Portdownie Chemical Works
Camelon Goods [CR]
Portdownie Iron Works
Camelon Goods [NB]
Lime Road Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1876||Caledonian Railway|
The Carmuirs Fork is authorised for the Caledonian Railway, Carmuirs West Junction to Carmuirs East Junction.
The Carmuirs Fork between Carmuirs West Junction to Carmuirs East Junction opened to goods.
The Carmuirs Fork between Carmuirs West Junction to Carmuirs East Junction is opened to passengers. Running powers are granted to the North British Railway.
|/ /1905||Caledonian Railway|
Doubling of the Carmuirs Fork between Carmuirs West Junction to Carmuirs East Junction is authorised.