Opened on the Wishaw, Cambusnethan and Coltness Line (Caledonian Railway).
This was a short lived island platform station on a double track line. The station building had glazed canopies. The line was on a curve. Access to the station was from Moss Road, leading to a subway to the west end of the platform.
The goods yard was to the west, on the north side of the line, accessed by reversal from the eastbound platform.
The signal box was at the west end of the island platform, north of the line.
To the east was Newmains Junction, the line crossing under several lines to the Coltness Iron Works to reach the junction.
To the west was Wishaw South Junction.
The line was short lived, opening in 1901 (the station closing in 1916) and the line and box closing in 1918, some of it remaining as a siding for a little longer.
The site remained vacant until the 1950s. It is now occupied by housing.
Other railway and industry locations
Coal and Ironstone Pit
Coltness Cement Works
Coltness Iron Works
Coltness Iron Works Signal Box
Newmains Signal Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|