This was a double track tunnel which ran west under the Monkland Canal (now the M8) to Pinkston Road. There was an airshaft just to the north of the St Rollox [1st] depot.
Buchanan Street Tunnel West Signal Box was at the west end of the tunnel, where the lines opened out to serve Buchanan Street and Buchanan Street Goods. It closed with the line in 1966.
Buchanan Street Tunnel East Signal Box was at the east end and closed much earlier in 1887. The line ran through a cutting to St Rollox [2nd] station and on to the east to serve destinations north and south.
St Rollox [2nd]
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
Buchanan Street [Subway]
| St Rollox Depot|
Buchanan Street Tunnel East Signal Box
Buchanan Street Tunnel West Signal Box
Port Dundas Basin
Port Dundas West Goods [CR]
Port Dundas Mid Wharf
St Rollox Goods West
Pinkston Power Station
Glebe Street Works
Port Dundas East Goods [NB]
Buchanan Street Shed
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|