St Rollox [2nd] (1883-1962)
Opened on the Buchanan Street Extension (Caledonian Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station opened with the major expansion of the St Rollox Works. It was located in a cutting to the north of the works.
There were buildings on each platform, the larger on the eastbound. Ramps ran down to the platforms from Springburn Road, west of the station, under which the line passed in a short tunnel.
Directly to the north was Sighthill Goods and to the south the St Rollox Works. The station was very much hemmed in.
After closure the cutting was infilled. A footpath now runs along the former trackbed, obviously at a higher level.
St Rollox [1st]
Glasgow Queen Street High Level
Glasgow Queen Street Low Level
Buchanan Street [Subway]
Other railway and industry locations
St Rollox Works
Loco Sheds Junction
St Rollox Goods East
Castle Street Coal Depot
St Rollox Works Paint Shop
Buchanan Street Tunnel
St Rollox Chemical Works
Sighthill Yard Junction
St Rollox Goods West
Glebe Street Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|