Buchanan Street Tunnel East Signal Box

Location type

Place

Name and dates

Buchanan Street Tunnel East Signal Box

Opened on the Buchanan Street Extension (Caledonian Railway).

Description

This signal box, originally called Buchanan Street Tunnel South, was east of Buchanan Street Tunnel. It was renamed from South to East, a more geographically correct name.

In this vicinity a single track branch from St Rollox Goods West, on the Garnkirk and Glasgow Railway, ran north to cross the main line by a single track bridge on its route to Tennants Works.

The box closed in 1887.

Tags

Signal box