Bothwell Park Signal Box (-1945)
Opened on the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway.
This box controlled access to Bothwell Park Colliery Pits No 1 and 2 (also served by the Caledonian Railway) and the Hamilton Palace / Douglas Park Colliery Branch (Caledonian Railway and North British Railway Joint) line.
A set of sidings to the west of the box allowed reversal of trains from Bothwell Park Colliery to run east and north of Coatbridge.
About a mile east a tank on the lineside (north side) may have been for railway use.
The box and sidings were east of Bothwell Junction and west of Bellshill [NB].
The nearby Caledonian box was Bothwell Park Colliery Signal Box.
Bothwell Park Halt
Bothwell [North British]
Other railway and industry locations
Hamilton Palace Junction
Bothwell Park Brick Works
Bothwell Park Quarry
Bothwell Park Colliery Pits No 1 and 2
Bothwell Park Colliery Signal Box
East Parkhead Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Uddingston Cement Depot
Bellshill South Signal Box
Douglas Park Signal Box
Viewpark Colliery Signal Box
Bothwell and Uddingston Gas Works
Rosehall Colliery Pit No 7
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|