Boreland Road Bridge
Opened on the Halbeath Waggonway.
This bridge carries Boreland Road over the former course of the Halbeath Waggonway.
The waggonway opened in 1783 to carry coal from pits in the Halbeath area to East Ness Pier.
Most of the route closed in 1867, a portion converted into a railway in 1877 which connected with the Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway to access the Caldwell's Paper Mill, to the south, and a brick works to the north.
The bridge is on the east side of the Keithing Burn. To the west is the main line, Inverkeithing station to the north and Inverkeithing South Junction to the south of Boreland Road.
There are still three arches, although the one over the open railway has been replaced.
The Halbeath trackbed is now a footpath.
North Queensferry [1st]
South Queensferry [1st]
South Queensferry Halt
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
Other railway and industry locations
Inverkeithing South Junction
Inverkeithing Central Junction
Caldwell^s Paper Mill
Inverkeithing East Junction
Inverkeithing North Junction
Naval Base Junction
Inverkeithing Shipbreaking Yard
Jamestown Viaduct [Inverkeithing]
Ferry Toll Tunnel
East Ness Admiralty Pier
East Ness Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
|Early Scottish colliery wagonways|
Inverkeithing and Dalgety in Old Picture Postcards Volume 2
The Railways of Fife