Bogside [G&SWR] (1894-1952)
Bogside Race Course (1952-1965)
Opened on the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station to the west of Bogside Race Course. Bogside Golf Club House (now Irvine Golf club) was built on the west side.
A signal box opened here in 1894 at the south end of the station on the east side of the line. It was replaced in 1906 with another box a little to its north (but still south of the station).
The station closed in 1967. The box closed with the Ayrshire re-signalling in 1986.
Bogside Junction was to the north of the station and Bogside Siding was south of it.
A railway building remains on what was the northbound platform, now in the club car park.
Bogside Moor Halt
Irvine Bank Street
Other railway and industry locations
Bartonholm Sand Pits
Bartonholm Coal Pit No 1
Bogside Coal Pit No 1
Eglinton Colliery No 1 Pit
Redburn Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Bartonholm Coal Pit No 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|