This was a two platform station. The main station building was on the southbound platform with a waiting shelter on the northbound.
There was a goods yard on the east side, approached from the south. There was a goods shed, crane and loading bank. The signal box was at the south end of the southbound platform.
The station was in an area of farmed countryside with no village nearby.
The station closed to passengers in 1932, this was during the rationalisation which followed the Grouping. The line was singled in 1950. The signal box was retained as a ground frame. The line closed in 1953. Track lifting was in 1955.
The concrete platforms and loading bank remain here but no buildings survive.
Auchenmade Brick Works, rail served, was to the south with Lissens Goods beyond.
Dalry Junction [Station]
| Auchenmade Brick Works|
Giffen Coal Pit No 1
Swindridgemuir Pit No 4 Coal
Blair Mine Blair Colliery No 9 Pit
Birsieknowe Ironstone Pit No 1
Lylestone Brick and Pipe Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|03/09/1888||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Opened from Barrmill Junction to Ardrossan [CR]. Stations at Auchenmade, Kilwinning [CR], Saltcoats [CR], Stevenston [Moorpark] and Ardrossan [CR]. (Alternative date 04/09/1888.)
|04/07/1932||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Ardrossan North to Uplawmoor [1st] (excluded) closed to passengers, (except boat train specials). Lugton High, Giffen, Auchenmade, Kilwinning East, Stevenston Moorpark, Saltcoats North, Ardrossan North closed.
Forgotten Railways: Scotland