Ardoch Signal Box (1880-1944)
Opened on the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway.
This signal box was midway between Sanquhar to the north and Carronbridge to the south. The signal box was on the south side of the line with Ardoch Farm just to the south.
The line remains open and runs in a cutting here.
Other railway and industry locations
Ardoch Signal Box
Priestcrown Wood Embankment
Enterkin Burn Viaduct
Mennock Water Viaduct
River Carron Viaduct
Gill Water Viaduct
Sanquhar Tile Works
Carronhill Glen (Newlands) Viaduct
Crawick Water Viaduct
Wanlockhead Beam Engine
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|