Carron Bridge (1851-1871)
Opened on the Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle Railway.
This was a two platform station just north of the River Carron Viaduct. The main station building was on the southbound platform.
It had a goods yard to the south, on the east side, approached from the south. The signal box was on the east side of the line at the south end, where the yard sidings came off the southbound line.
The station was quite some way from Carronbridge, around two miles to the south.
The goods yard and passenger station closed in 1953. However the sidings remained until the early 1970s.
The station closed in 1953 and the box in 1983.
The station building remains, in use as a house. the platforms have been removed. Railway cottages remain and there is a new house on the site of the goods shed.
Other railway and industry locations
River Carron Viaduct
Gill Water Viaduct
Carronhill Glen (Newlands) Viaduct
Enterkin Burn Viaduct
Priestcrown Wood Embankment
Ardoch Signal Box
Campie Water Viaduct
Closeburn Quarry Signal Box
Mennock Water Viaduct
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|