This was the junction between the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway^s 1847 line between Causewayend Junction and Bo'ness High Junction and the 1850 mineral line west to Maddiston Craigend Colliery and Shieldhill Colliery.
Both lines were double track. The signal box was in the ^V^ of the junction. The 1847 line crossed over the Union Canal just to the north of the junction. To the south there were sidings, accessed from the junction, on the west side of the line serving the Almond Iron Works. The original yard, approached from Causewayend Junction was removed after the works closed. A new yard was laid out here, approached from the north, afterwards.
The signal box closed in 1925, replaced with a ground frame. The line west closed in 1951. The railway closed altogether in 1964 (along with the line west to Causewayend Junction and Blackston Junction.
Causewayend [MR] [2nd]
Causewayend [MR] [1st]
Manuel High Level
Manuel Low Level
| Almond Iron Works|
Manuel Brick Works
Manuel Bo^ness Junction Shed
Causewayend Engine House
Causewayend Incline Top
Bo^ness Junction [1st]
Bo^ness Low Junction
Muiravonside Country Park
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1850||Blackbraes Branch (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway)|
Opened from Almond Junction (Slamannan Junction Railway) to Blackbraes Siding