This was a level crossing with Grange Place in the west of Alloa. The crossing was originally known as Grange Crossing.
Alloa West Junction was to its west from 1885.
To the east were sidings on either side of the line.
This remained the main western approach to Alloa, from the Cambus direction, until a new road was opened north of the line.
The railway was singled in 1979 and closed to traffic over and east of the crossing in 1984.
For the re-opening to Alloa in 2007 the crossing was stopped up. A new footbridge over the line has been installed and roadbridge placed over the line about a quarter of a mile to the west.
Clackmannan and Kennet
Menstrie and Glenochil
| Alloa West Junction|
Bass Crest Brewery
Alloa Shed [CR]
Kelliebank Bottling Stores
Forth Shipbuilding Yard
Alloa Goods [CR]
Kelliebank Glass Works
Alloa Harbour Junction
Alloa Station Goods
Alloa Goods [NBR]
Eglinton Bottling Stores
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|20/12/1987||Stirling and Dunfermline Railway|
Alloa New Yard closed on opening of rounding loop at Cambus. A lifted track panel could be replaced to allow access which was done some time later for a light locomotive running to Alloa West Level Crossing. Cambus Junction and Alloa West Junction signal boxes closed. Panels lifted in Alloa New Yard to block access (some lifted and relaid to form the loop).