Opened on the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.
This two road shed was east of Alloa [1st], directly to the north of today's Alloa station.
Lines ran through the shed. This was a stone built shed with a curious appearance: curved arches over the entry to the east and girders over the rear ends to the west. The shed dated from 1865. It was on the north side of the line and its sidings made a trailing connection to the eastbound line. Coaling sidings were on the north side of the shed. The shed was directly east of the Alloa Waggonway bridge over the Stirling and Dunfermline Railway.
The turntable was not by the shed but at the west end of Alloa Station Goods and north of the west end of Alloa [1st] station.
British Railways assigned the code 62C, a sub shed of Dunfermline Shed.
The shed was closed and has been demolished.
Clackmannan and Kennet
Menstrie and Glenochil
Other railway and industry locations
Alloa East Junction
Alloa Co-op Coal Siding
Alloa Station Goods
Drysdale Street Tunnel
Alloa Harbour Junction
Alloa NCB Workshops
Bedford Place Tunnel
Alloa Goods [NBR]
Sauchie Colliery Signal Box
Hilton Brick Works
Hilton Road Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|