In 1950 this view, taken from behind the buffers, would have been of two platforms with tracks at Knott End station and would also include a water tower, the goods shed off to the right and 'Station House' on the left in the distance. Passenger trains had ceased in 1930 and the final goods train left in 1950. Seventy years later, apart from the cafe in the rebuilt station building behind the camera, the only railway linked building to survive in this car dominated scene is 'Station House' See image 57696. 31st December 2019.
Location: Knott End
Company: Knott End Railway
Photographer: Mark Bartlett
Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett
Image number: 71849