This was an integrated iron and steel works located to the north east of Motherwell at Craigneuk.
The works generated a considerable amount of rail traffic.
The works closed in 1992. Much of the site remains cleared and unused. A new 'town' is planned for the site.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This left the reinstated course of the Motherwell New Lines (Caledonian Railway) near the former Jerviston Viaduct to run south by a new route down the west side of the new works before rejoining the New Lines route near Shields Colliery Junction.
This junction was south of Milnwood Junction. Most recently (1993) it provided access to the line to Ravenscraig No 3 Yard used for trips from Mossend Marshalling Yard to deliver limestone to the works and take strip coil away. It had also served the sizeable Clydesdale Steel Works yard, which closed slightly earlier.
This was a large junction and west end of a yard which commenced at Shieldmuir Junction to the east.
These were located on either side of the Wishaw Deviation.
This signal box was opened in 1957 to control access to the new Ravenscraig No 2 Yard, which handled coal and iron ore deliveries. Approach was from the north. The entry was from just south of Calder Viaduct [Carfin]. The box was on the east side of the line opposite the yard turnout.