Princes Dock Joint Railway (Caledonian Railway, North British Railway and Glasgow and South Western Railway)

Introduction

This railway is closed. It ran from General Terminus in Glasgow to join the Govan Branch and provided railway sidings at the Princes Dock. The line was owned jointly by the Caledonian Railway, Glasgow and South Western Railway and the North British Railway. Near the junction with the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway were excursion platforms used for football traffic to Ibrox Stadium.





Locations along the line

These locations are along the line.

There were two curving platforms on the Govan Branch at the junction with the Glasgow and Paisley Joint Railway, just before when Ibrox station opened on the main line (1870) on the site of Bellahouston [1st]. The two lines met at Ibrox Junction, immediately to the east.
...

More details