This branch served Camps and the major oil works at Pumpherston. It crossed the River Almond on a substantial viaduct, Camps Viaduct, near East Calder.
|/11/1913||Raw Pit (East Calder)|
Closed by Coltness Iron Works for limestone (Raw Camps Quarry and East Camps Quarry). The Camps Branch (North British Railway) was directly associated with the quarry and carrying limestone from Camps Lime Works to the iron works.
These locations are along the line.
This was a shale crude oil works and refinery opened by the Pumpherston Oil Company. It was provided with shale, by rail, from a number of mines. The railway was the Camps Branch (North British Railway) of 1869.
This is an impressive nine arch stone single track viaduct over the gorge of the River Almond. It is 118 yards long overall and 90 ft high.