This railway is closed. It ran between Duns near the east coast and St Boswells in the Scottish Borders. The line extended the Dunse Branch (North British Railway) and completed a chain from the 'Waverley Route' to the East Coast Main Line. Today the nearest stations are at Berwick and Dunbar.
Line opened as double track, Duns to Reston.
|/ /1859||[Berwickshire Railway]|
|/ /1862||[Berwickshire Railway]|
Act receives Royal assent for an extension from Duns to St Boswells.
|/ /1863||[Berwickshire Railway]|
Line opened through to Ravenswood Junction by St Boswells.
|/ /1876||[Berwickshire Railway]|
[North British Railway]
Berwickshire Railway absorbed by North British Railway.
St Boswells (Ravenswood Junction) to Duns closed to passengers (due to flood damage between Duns and Greenlaw).
Greenlaw to Duns closed to all traffic (flood damage).
Closed to passengers from Duns to Reston.
Duns to Reston closed to passengers.
|/ /1953||[Berwickshire Railway]|
Track at Marchmont lifted.
Scott Country tour visits Greenlaw.
Specials visit Greenlaw.
Ravenswood Junction to Greenlaw closed to freight.
Duns to Reston closed to freight.
These locations are along the line.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop on the single track line. The eastbound platform had the main station building, stone built and of two storeys and typical of the Berwickshire Railway. Over the west end of the station was a road bridge which crossed the west end of the loop.
This was a single platform station to the north of West Gordon, a third of the mile to the north. There was a stone station building, of two storeys, typical of the Berwickshire Railway. The platform was on the south side of the line.
This two platform station was just to the south of the village of Greenlaw. The station had a passing loop on a line which was otherwise single track.
This was a single platform station built for Marchmont House and its estate. The mansion was to the north west of the station, nearly a mile away.
This was a two platform station. The station was the terminus of the originally double track Dunse Branch (North British Railway) before it was extended to Ravenswood Junction, north of St Boswells, by the Berwickshire Railway in 1863. (Dunse is the old spelling for Duns.)
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
St Boswells to Berwick: Via Duns the Berswickshire Railway (Country Railway Routes)