Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway.
This station was just to the south of the cross over Uddingston Junction of the Caledonian Railway. The station had a goods yard and two platforms. Being one of the larger stations on the line, and the original NB Uddingston station, it had a station building on the northbound platform and shelter on the southbound. The signal box (1900) was located at the north end of the station. Closed to passengers in 1955, when the box became a ground frame, closed to goods 6th June 1961.
The site is now a small park and Mansfield Drive. To the south the trackbed towards Bothwell Junction remains intact as a longitudinal park.
North of the M74 was a connection to Viewpark Colliery which was served from the Shettleston direction.
Bothwell Park Halt
Bothwell [North British]
| Viewpark Colliery Signal Box|
Uddingston Cement Depot
Bothwell and Uddingston Gas Works
Bothwell Park Quarry
Clyde Viaduct [Uddingston]
Bothwell Park Brick Works
Tannochside Colliery Pit No 3
Hamilton Palace Junction
Bothwell Park Signal Box
Bredisholme Collieries Pit No 2
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|12/04/1900||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Uddingston East signal box opened.
|28/02/1953||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Uddingston [NB] re-named Uddingston East.
|10/07/1955||Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway|
Uddingston East signal box reduced to a ground frame.