This was a single platform station.
The passenger platform was to the north side of the line. There was a loop, but the platform to the south was a loading bank with a second face served by a siding from the west. There was a second siding to the south.
A signal box opened in 1897 at the west end of the platform.
The station closed to passengers in 1961 but remained open as a through route for goods and minerals until 1956 when the line east to Kelvin Valley East Junction closed. The box closed in 1957.
It was short lived as a goods terminus, the line west to Balmore closing in 1959 - except that an S.L.S. special visited Torrance in April 1960 and the loop remained along with the goods sidings which were still in use.
Perhaps the line actually closed in 1961 when the route westwards from Balmore to Maryhill East Junction closed.
The site survived intact until the late 1980s when it was redeveloped for housing.
Back O Loch Halt
Milton of Campsie
| Balgrochan Sand Siding|
Carlston Sand Pit
Balquharrage Sand Siding
Bishopbriggs Oil Depot
Kirkintilloch Nickel Works
Cadder West Signal Box
Kirkintilloch Precast Cement Works
Basin Iron Foundry
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1879||Kelvin Valley Railway|
Opened to passengers from Maryhill to Torrance, Maryhill East Junction opened.
|24/06/1956||Kelvin Valley Railway|
Kelvin Valley East Junction to Torrance(excluded) closed to freight.
|/ /1958||Kelvin Valley Railway|
Maryhill East Junction to Torrance used for DMU driver training.
|05/10/1959||Kelvin Valley Railway|
Torrance to Balmore (excluded) closed to freight, although subsequently used by tour train in 1960.
|/ /1960||Kelvin Valley Railway|
Line used between Maryhill and Torrance by tour train hauled by Glen Douglas visiting Torrance.
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland