This was a single platform station. The platform was on the north side of the line. It was a minimal station. There was a siding, approached from the west, on the south side of the line with a loading bank. To the east Glenorchard Road crossed over the line and to the west the line crossed over what is now the A807. A second siding was added around 1900.
To the east of the station a siding turned north to serve Balmore Colliery, approach was from the west.
The station closed to passengers in 1951 and remained open for goods and minerals. The line eastwards from the Balmore Colliery siding officially closed in 1959 (although it remained in use in 1960). The line closed altogether in 1961.
A station cottage remains to the west of the former station. Nothing remains of the station itself, the site now being housing. The embankment of the former line stretches out noticeably to the west from the now removed bridge over the A807.
Possilpark and Parkhouse
| Balmore Colliery|
Cadder Pit No 17
Balgrochan Sand Siding
Cadder Pit No 2
Cadder Pit No 15
Blairskaith Limestone Mine
Cadder Pit No 9
Blackhill Pits Nos 8 and 9
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|05/10/1959||Kelvin Valley Railway|
Torrance to Balmore (excluded) closed to freight, although subsequently used by tour train in 1960.
|31/07/1961||Kelvin Valley Railway|
Balmore to Maryhill East Junction closed to freight, but retained for a short period for coal to Summerston [1st].
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland