Opened on the Anstruther and St Andrews Railway.
This was a two platform station with a loop on a single track line. The eastbound line and loop were a later addition of 1898. The main station building was on the original westbound platform.
There was a goods yard to the south, approached by a reversing spur to the east of the station.
The loop closed in 1926. After closure the platforms remained - and the line remained open until 1965.
The station platforms and main building (greatly extended) remain. It is now a guest house, The Old Station . A carriage stands between the platforms.
St Andrews [2nd]
St Andrews [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Kinness Burn Viaduct
St Andrews Shed
St Mary^s Church
St Andrews Cathedral
Blackfriars Chapel St Andrews
St Andrews Castle
West Port St Andrews
Old Course Hotel
Craigtoun Country Park
Kellie Castle and Garden
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Crail, History and Guide: The Story of an Ancient Scottish Burgh
Fife's Lost Railways
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
The Anstruther and St. Andrews Railway
The Leven & East of Fife Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
The St Andrews Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)